- Recognizing the notes on the piano or keyboard, not only the white notes but also the black notes and what they mean
- Get familiar with the different types of notes and mix them creating rhythm and make sure you understand it
- Technique exercises: Your fingers need training otherwise they will not responde accordingly to what you want to play.
- Sight-reading: Reading music will help you learn music faster rather than wathing videos on how to play a certain piece of music, you will become independent.
- Patience: You need to be patient, learning piano is not something that happens in a week’s time
- Practice and Repetition: Keep practicing until you master what you are learning.
- Enjoyment: Find exercises that you enjoy and tell your teacher what type of music you like.
- Music Theory: Learn music theory but don’t learn it as if you are reading a book, use what you learn and do this by steps.
- Share what you are learning and show your new skills to your family and friends, this creates a sense of achievement and you will feel proud of yourself.
- Having the right instrument will help you progress faster and you will enjoy listening to what you are playing.
Happy Weekend everybody!